May 19, 2014
Diablo III Patch 2.0.5
Full patch notes are available here: Blizzard Patch Notes 2.0.5
Patch 2.0.5 was released on the 13th May 2014 and there is a lot of stuff in this latest release. Of particular interest was the issue of class balance, although the patch wasn’t intended to focus too much on class balance when it first was scheduled. The Crusader ended up with quite a lot of changes, not only because it is the newest class in Diablo III, but because Blizzard also felt that it needed some fine tuning. If you are playing a crusader it’s definitely worth taking a look at these patch notes to see how this affects you.
There are also some undocumented patch 2.0.5 changes that came out in the community following the release which are listed below. However, all these items are based on community observations and are not official Blizzard patch notes:
- Stash doesn’t close when a rift closes.
- Female Barbarian Leap animation slowed to match male animation.
- Significantly reduced hitch when opening inventory.
- Witch Doctors are now limited to 15 fetishes. New ones replace older ones.
- Items that cannot be salvaged are greyed out.
- Spiderling egg sacks and a pack of spiders are between Wortham Chapel and Caverns of Araneae
- Illusory Boots now allow you to pass through wallers’ walls.
- Bul-Kathos’s Whirlwind can now crit.
- Rift guardians can now drop more than one pile of Blood Shards.
- Horadric Hamburger transmute now works.
- Wizards can now only have 1 Slow Time bubble out at a time
- Shields and Crusader shields have 3000-5000 more block amount.
- Piranhas: Wave of Mutilation now knocks up enemies it hits.
- Monsters with the Knock-back effect seem to knock you back significantly further.