July 12, 2010
Dragon Age II Announced for March 2011
This comes a little late as it was announced on the 9th but better late then never. The much anticipated sequel to Dragon Age: Origins has been announced and it promises to be bigger and badder then the original. The original combined an epic story with amazing visuals and combat to create one of the best RPG’s seen in years. I’ve put in over 60 hours in the orginal game and plan on returning for a second pass through as there are so many paths that you can take and you can’t get them all in one play through. You can also play many of the origins stories which greatly affect how the game world perceives you. Dragon Age II will definately be on my wish list this spring and we will post the first preview trailer when it arrives!
Dragon Age 2 thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a penniless refugee who rises to power to become the single most important character in the world of Dragon Age. Known to be a survivor of the Blight and the Champion of Kirkwall, the legend around Hawke’s rise to power is shrouded in myth and rumor. Featuring an all-new story spanning 10 years, players will help tell that tale by making tough moral choices, gathering the deadliest of allies, amassing fame and fortune, and sealing their place in history. The way you play will write the story of how the world is changed forever.
- Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
- Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
- Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
- Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
- Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.
The debut trailer for the game is coming August 17, so stay tuned!
Dragon Age II will be on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in March 2011.