March 29, 2013
Free Gears Goodness For Your Weekend
If you are looking to dive into Gears of War: Judgment’s multiplayer a bit more this weekend there is a list of things you can expect. Now that I have finished Bioshock: Infinite in a two massive sessions, I can concentrate my Easter weekend on gibbing people on a new map, mode, and a myriad of fixes. First off this pack is free, it adds the new map Haven, which is playable in Execution, TD, Free for All, and Domination. Execution makes a return today as well adding the Down but not Out feature back to multiplayer. There is a special playlist for Execution and Haven that will net you double XP and VIP (season pass) members will receive triple XP. Last but not least there is a list of fixes that is coming with this update as well. Here is the list of fixes below, half of them I didn’t know existed, though would have been cool to see:
- Various dedicated server improvements.
- Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
- Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
- Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
- Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
- If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
- Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
- While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
- The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
- The “Spray and Pray” ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
- If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
- You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
- Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
- Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
- You will now see XP tallies between matches.
Even though this is more of a spin off then sequel, something a lot of people didn’t get, I am enjoying the faster multiplayer. Overrun is the highlight and really don’t miss Horde all that much. If I want a slower multiplayer and Horde mode, I still have Gears 1-3 I could pop in. There will be a second free map coming next week, from what I hear it will be a Overrun/Survival map. Happy Gibbing this Easter Weekend everyone!