That’s right, it’s some sort of future robot cyber sports techno thing! And the gameplay footage they’ve shown off so far only makes me wish I could buy it right this second! Unfortunately it’s slated for a 2014 release date, but they’re hoping to have a beta later this year. If you like what you see, you can vote for the game on Steam Greenlight. Features they’re looking to include are such bullet-points as:
- Full single player (Skirmish and Season) and multiplayer (various modes)
- Unique simultaneous-turn-based gameplay
- Randomly-generated situations and terrain for instant action
- Selection of teams and stadiums; customisation options
- Expressive art style and high-quality animation
- Trance and electronica soundtrack by nervous_testpilot
Here’s the announcement trailer they’ve cobbled together. It looks beyond fantastic and the wait for release is going to be a painfully slow one.