May 20, 2013
MMORPG Update: WoW Patch 5.3 and Dawn of the Aspects Releases
Patch 5.3 which is currently in PTR testing is due for release tomorrow, Tuesday 21st May 2013. For the PTR patch notes which tell you about all the changes that this patch brings to WoW you can get these from the battle.net site here. Also, just to remind you that the fourth installment of Dawn of the Aspects by Richard A. Knaak is now available for download, more details about both of these below.
WoW Patch 5.3 Key Patch Details
- The experience required to level from 85 to 90 will be reduced by 33%.
- The amount of Justice, Honor, and Darkmoon Faire tickets needed to upgrade Heirloom items will be reduced by 60%.
- Heroic Scenarios require an average Item Level of 480; unlike normal Scenarios, you’ll need a pre-made party to enter.
- An average Item Level of 435 is required for Heroic dungeons.
- Outdoor world creatures level 90 and above now have a chance to drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
- Rare spawns in Pandaria (except Zandalari Warscouts and Zandalari Warbringers) and bosses encountered as part of the Battlefield: Barrens quest event in Kalimdor will drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
- The 7,250 Conquest Point requirement to purchase non-elite Conquest Point weapons (PvP) is being removed with patch 5.3.
- All PvP characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.
- PvP Power bonus to healing is now based on class and specialization.
- For more visit the battle.net website.
Dawn of the Aspects Part IV Now Available
THE AGE OF DRAGONS IS OVER.
“Uncertainty plagues Azeroth’s ancient guardians as they struggle to find a new purpose. This dilemma has hit Kalecgos, youngest of the former Dragon Aspects, especially hard. Having lost his great powers, how can he—or any of his kind—still make a difference in the world?
The answer lies in the distant past, when savage beasts called proto-dragons ruled the skies. Through a mysterious artifact found near the heart of Northrend, Kalecgos witnesses this violent era and the shocking history of the original Aspects: Alexstrasza, Ysera, Malygos, Neltharion, and Nozdormu.
In their most primitive forms, the future protectors of Azeroth must stand united against Galakrond, a bloodthirsty creature that threatens the existence of their race. But did these mere proto-dragons face such a horrific adversary alone, or did an outside force help them? Were they given the strength they would become legendary for… or did they earn it with blood? Kalecgos’s discoveries will change everything he knows about the events that led to the… DAWN OF THE ASPECTS.” (battle.net website)
So, what’s part IV about?
A united group of proto-dragons have embarked on an assault against Galakrond and his undead army. The blue dragon Kalecgos continues to witness the battle through the eyes of his predecessor, Malygos. He and his new comrades: Alexstrasza, Nozdormu, Ysera, and Neltharion, soon find themselves struggling for survival. Their only hope for the future may lie with an enigmatic figure named Tyr, but perhaps even that is not enough to save them?
When will you be able to get the next installment?
Part 5: 17 June 2013
Go download (from Amazon or through iTunes) and read, NOW!