Nintendo’s Reggie Fils-Aime sat down this morning to announce some games that are coming for the Wii U and 3DS that are coming in the following weeks and months. Here is what he announced!
- Lego City Undercover (WII U)
– An open world with plenty of vehicles
– Several disguises to solve puzzles
– Looks like the most ambitious Lego title to date
– Early 2013
- Pikmin 3 (WII U)
– Looks even better than the E3 video
– Launching Q2 of 2013
– New creatures and enemies
- Game and Wario (WII U)
– A new WarioWare title
– All games are using the gamepad
– Games can be up to 5 players but will still only use 1 gamepad
- Wii Fit U (WII U)
– Will use the Wii balance board
– Will have a Fit meter that looks like the pokewalker that came with the Silver and Gold remakes on the DS
– Launches first part of 2013
- Panorama View (WII U)
- Demo will be available
- Will be a paid download app
- Will let you look around several major cities around the world
- Google Maps (WII U)
- Will let you use the Google maps street view with the gamepad
– Available Q1 2013
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
– Spring 2013
- Brain Age: concentration training
- Scales difficulty depending on how you perform
- Firm Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
– Launches in NA on February 4th
– Relationships between characters will have an impact on gameplay.
- New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
– Free DLC boasting levels from classic Mario games.
– Only available till January.
I have had the new NSMB2 DLC for a little while now and they did a great job creating classic levels from Mario’s past. They are only available to be downloaded through the games DLC shop, not the Eshop. There is some exciting stuff on the horizon for Nintendo’s consoles and I personally am excited to get my hands on a new Fire Emblem just in time for Valentines Day. There were no BIG surprises but some release dates and windows were tied down today, see anything that interest you?