May 19, 2014
Diablo III Patch 2.0.5
Full patch notes are available here: Blizzard Patch Notes 2.0.5
Patch 2.0.5 was released on the 13th May 2014 and there is a lot of stuff in this latest release. Of particular interest was the issue of class balance, although the patch wasn’t intended to focus too much on class balance when it first was scheduled. The Crusader ended up with quite a lot of changes, not only because it is the newest class in Diablo III, but because Blizzard also felt that it needed some fine tuning. If you are playing a crusader it’s definitely worth taking a look at these patch notes to see how this affects you.
There are also some undocumented patch 2.0.5 changes that came out in the community following the release which are listed below. However, all these items are based on community observations and are not official Blizzard patch notes:
- Stash doesn’t close when a rift closes.
- Female Barbarian Leap animation slowed to match male animation.
- Significantly reduced hitch when opening inventory.
- Witch Doctors are now limited to 15 fetishes. New ones replace older ones.
- Items that cannot be salvaged are greyed out.
- Spiderling egg sacks and a pack of spiders are between Wortham Chapel and Caverns of Araneae
- Illusory Boots now allow you to pass through wallers’ walls.
- Bul-Kathos’s Whirlwind can now crit.
- Rift guardians can now drop more than one pile of Blood Shards.
- Horadric Hamburger transmute now works.
- Wizards can now only have 1 Slow Time bubble out at a time
- Shields and Crusader shields have 3000-5000 more block amount.
- Piranhas: Wave of Mutilation now knocks up enemies it hits.
- Monsters with the Knock-back effect seem to knock you back significantly further.
May 19, 2014
Reaper of Souls is coming to a console near you
On the 19th August 2014 Diablo III’s Ultimate Evil Edition will be available to play on your console, that’s PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. You will be able to battle the Angel of Death either solo or with a team of four players ia PlayStation Network or Xbox Live and it includes all the content from the latest expansion ‘Reaper of Souls’ as well as Acts I to IV from the original Diablo III. This is a great release for console players, the price comes in at 69.99 EUR/59.99 USD for the PS4 or Xbox One and 39.99 EUR/39.99 USD for the PS3 or Xbox 360.
Additionally, if you pre-order you also get the ‘Infernal Pauldrons’, this piece of shoulder armour provides vitality, life per second and cooldown reduction bonuses and can also be transmogged.
The good news for those who played the original PS3 or Xbox 360 versions of Diablo III is that they will be able to continue their journey without starting again. PS3 characters from the original game can be transferred to either the PS3 or PS4 Ultimate Evil Edition, and Xbox 360 characters can be transferred to the Xbox 360 or Xbox One version.
For anyone who hasn’t played the PC version of Diablo III this is a must have for the console, it really is full of fast-paced action, awesome heroes (crusader, barbarian, witch doctor, demon hunter, monk, or wizard) and legendary drops and unlike the PC version, you get all this from the comfort of your couch.
For more information about the world of Diablo III visit the Blizzard website: http://www.battle.net/d3.
April 11, 2014
Diablo III Patch 2.0.4
On Tuesday Blizzard released a major patch for Diablo III. There have been a lot of changes to the classes as well as some fixes and tweaks, for the full release notes go to: http://www.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13532431/patch-204-now-live-08-04-2014.
The Big Changes
There is big news for pets in this patch with a boost to the damage that they can dish out, all pets, including Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter pets, now scale their damage with Critical Hit Damage.
Crusaders got buffed! They also now incur a 15% damage reduction. After the Crusader being so OP in the beta it came as a surprise that the class in live was so fragile, so this patch has brought the Crusader back to a level that is on an equal footing with the other classes.
Controversial change for Wizards, did it get nerfed? Frozen orb is apparently now ‘fixed’ because it was bugged before. Wizards were getting the maximum orb damage on every hit because the radius was too big and the time the orb lasted was too long. So although this will still be a good ability it’s affect will be reduced. In addition, Teleport has been changed to 3 teleports rather than 4, but the distance you can travel in any one teleport has been increased from 35 yards to 50 yards.
Crafting costs have been reduced, level 70 crafted sets no longer require Flawless Royal gems and instead now require Marquise gems which means that it’s not such a massive overhead and could reduce farming time for some items.
The drop rate of unique Legendary crafting materials has been significantly increased alongside ensuring that Nephalem Rifts are the best way to get legendary items. The number of chests and drops from monsters outside of rifts has been reduced with the drops you are getting in the rifts being tailored to your class now.
March 12, 2014
Diablo III patch 2.0.3 is now live in Europe
Diablo III patch 2.0.3 is now live in Europe. Check out the patch notes below for the latest changes.
- The area of effect for the Fire Trenches in the Halls of Agony now better match their animations
- There is now a short delay before Fire Trench damage is dealt
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Erosion was causing Electrified to proc too frequently
- Act Bosses now always drop a rare quality item
- The Skeleton King no longer drops a Legendary item after using the “Reset Quests” button for level 60 characters
- This bonus has been moved to Diablo for level 60 characters
- Active Skills
- Bug Fix: Hydras should now properly dissipate when the owner dies or leaves the game
- Increased the internal cooldown attack rate to roughly match the player’s attack speed to a maximum of approximately 2 attacks per second.
- Magic Weapon
- Skill Rune – Deflection
- Added an internal cooldown to the proc rate to be roughly once per attack
- Level 1-60 crafted Legendary and Set pieces now require 2 Fiery Brimstones to craft
- All low level crafted Legendary and Set pieces now require at least 1 Demonic Essence to craft
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Legendary crafting recipes were rolling Rare level stats
- In addition, a pass was made to ensure all Legendary crafted items are rolling with 6 total affixes
- New Affix: +Max Spirit for Monks
- This affix rolls on Fist Weapons, Spirit Stones, and Combat Staves
May 15, 2013
Diablo III – The First Birthday Continues
Yesterday we looked forward to D3’s first birthday today and more was posted today regarding free stuff as well as game discounts and special anniversary streams. Here are some of the things that you can look forward to this week!
Players who log in between May 15 and May 21 2013 will receive a 25% boost to their Magic Find and EXP stats. The buff is only available while logged in to the game, but it will apply to all characters as well as stack with other similar bonuses – the EXP bonus will stack multiplicatively and the Magic Find bonus will stack above the 300% cap.
Save 20% on Diablo III
Until May 21 2013, you can save $20/€20(or £12) when you get Diablo III for the PC/Mac in the Blizzard Online store. That means that this week you can get the game for only $39.99/€39.99 instead of the usual $59.99/€59.99.
Download Four New Wallpapers
Choose any of the four new wallpapers specially created for Diablo III’s first birthday, they come in a variety of resolutions and can be downloaded from the Diablo III website. Visit @gamersblogbytes on Twitter to see which wallpaper I’m currently sporting!
Competitions, Free Gifts and More
Join the Diablo III community party! Fansites from around the world are organizing various events to celebrate the Lord of Terror’s birthday. There will also be a variety of streams that you can tune into via the Diablo website where you can win some awesome prizes.
For more information about these events please visit the Diablo III website at: www.diablo3.com.
May 14, 2013
Diablo III celebrates it’s first birthday
“Only by defeating us can you return to your own realm, but none have ever crawled from the depths of their own terror! How tastes your fear, Nephalem?” The Realm of Terror
The Gamers Blog celebrates Diablo III’s first birthday alongside Blizzard and the rest of the Diablo III community.
Diablo III celebrates it’s first birthday on May 15th 2013, after setting a new record for fastest-selling PC game by selling over 3.5 million copies in the first day of its release, it was also the top selling PC game of 2012, selling over 12 million copies. Now with a new patch released, Patch 1.0.8, and the upcoming welcome to the console market when Diablo III hits Playstation 3 and 4, things are definitely hotting up with this game. Of course there has always been a fair amount of backlash against the games flaws, but in my opinion this game has been worth every penny and it’s always great fun to play.
So, in the spirit of the occasion Blizzard are getting the Diablo III community to celebrate with them by sending a birthday greeting, all you have to do to get involved is print out one of the birthday images here (or create a greeting of your own), take a photo of you and/or your friends, and then tweet the picture to @Diablo using the hashtag #D3BDAY – alternatively you can email it to BlizzardContest@Blizzard.com. You could find your entry being retweeted or shown off on the Diablo facebook page or on the battle.net site.
I sense there is definitely more to come from Blizzard for Diablo III’s first birthday, keep one eye on diablo3.com for more information.