March 22, 2011
Things to know about the Nintendo 3DS
Today 3DS games will hit the shelves five days before the 3DS system itself. Such games will include The Sims, Madden, Ridge Racer, and Ghost Recon to name a few. So in light of the upcoming release here is a few things to note about the 3DS.
– The 3DS is backward compatible with all DS games (non-3DS games will not use the 3D effect)
– Nintendo added a left joystick for better movement and accuracy
– Added “Home” button. This will pause the game allowing you to to access other items like the Nintendo shop without having to stop the game
– The light for battery now shows others colors for other notifications. Red- low battery, Green – normal, Orange – Friend, Blue – Wi-Fi
– The 3D effect can be turned up, turned down, or completely turned off
– The top screen is 10% larger than that of the DSI model
– Like the DSI model comes standard with cameras. Three instead of two (one inside , two outside) allowing the ability to take 3D pictures
– The 3DS will come with a charging cradle
– Built in motion sensors for side to side, up and down, as well as tilting (games will use the different effects)
– Will include a 2GB SD card
The Nintedo 3DS will be 249.99 and games around 39.99. Will it be the next big thing or will it pull a PSP Go?